Welcome

The Sons of Thunder is a Christian band and part of a larger, growing group of average guys who have decided to take a stand for Christ and work on becoming better husbands and fathers - yes, even sons.

The Sons of Thunder was hatched about 5 years ago. This group often leads/joins a larger group of men in study and prayer and seeks to serve the wider community.

Based in Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, SOT has been known to tackle a range of projects - everything from home maintenance chores to helping move immigrant families. In 2008, the group did some missions work in NYC serving, playing and singing at the Bowery Mission. As is often the case, those who went to 'minister' were 'ministered to'. When the praises go up...the blessings come down!

If you live on the South Shore of Nova Scotia, look us up at Bridgewater Baptist Church. And feel free to invite us to lead or participate in your event. We love road trips! Rock on!

Saturday, April 26, 2008

My Brothers

This is a great way for us as the Sons of Thunder to share with our friends, family, Church and community.  I hope that we can all contribute to it.
I thought I would post the email I sent around after we got back from NYC.  I wanted to post it here so that I could tell you again how grateful I am that you are my "Brothers".


Well guys we are all home now safe and sound and back to our normal lives.  I want to thank all of you.  You all made an impact on me while I was there (for Robin it was the impact of his hand hitting me over and over)...just kidding.  Seriously though, you all played a very important part in the weekend for me and my spiritual growth and I am grateful to God that each one of you were there.  

Thank you Robin for leading us to NYC and leading us as men to a mission we may never have dreamed of if you weren't in our lives.  You are so strong and you set an incredible example of what faith in God and listening to the Lord can do in your life.  Halifax is far enough for you to be moving from us.  Thank you Rob for being a ball of energy and showing us just how much fun you can have serving the Lord and those men.  There was no stopping you brother and I hope there never is.  Has that smile come off your face yet?  I hope not.

Thank you Paul for your fearlessness with the guitar.  You use your gifts to their fullest and you are an inspiration to us all.  If you had not turned around that very first day we were in Church I don't know that any of this would have happened for me.  I truly believe that you a major part of the chain of events that led me to where I am right now.  Where would I be without you?  It doesn't matter because I am here, not there.  Thank you Paul.

Thank you Kerstin for wearing your faith on the outside for all to see.  If I can get half-way to where you are I will be a force for the Lord that cannot be stopped.  You are a Superman of God there is no doubt of that.  Jeff, without you we would not be able to unscramble the mish-mash of sound that we put out.  More then that Jeff, you listened to the call of God, stepped out with the Sons and we couldn't imagine the SOT without you.  You may not play with us (very often) but I will think of you every time we do.

Thank you Victor for your strength and your words.  You may be a man of few words (sometimes), but when you speak there is power there.  I meant it when I said I was moved by your words at the pulpit on Sunday.  Powerful man, very powerful.  I'm not sure you realize how important it was that you were with us this weekend but for me there could have been no other way.

Eric, there was a year before you came to Bridgewater that I felt lost.  I felt that everything that had built up, all that Tom had help me find in myself and in Christ had slipped away.  When you spoke for that first time in our Church it came back in a rush.  Your being in my life, in all our lives is a gift and a blessing.  I never in my wildest dreams thought I would be in a band let alone one with a Pastor in it.  It is an amazing feeling Eric to call you friend and it is God's hand in my life that lets me call you Brother.  Thank you for your blessings.  Thank you for your wisdom and your guidance.  

 
Robb, I wasn't sure if I should send this to you because I didn't want you to feel sad or upset but I feel like I need to say this to you. I want to thank you Robb because you are my brother.  God put you in my life right after we moved here there is a comfort I feel knowing that you are there.  We missed you so much but at the same time, you were with us.  For whatever reason, God wanted you to be home.  There is such comfort in knowing that it is part of his plan for you.  I thank you Robb for being the heartbeat of the SOT.  I thank you for standing up when God said "not this trip" and saying "yes Lord I hear you".  I'm not sure I could have done that.  Your eyes and ears are open to His voice and I am learning so much from you.  Thank God for you Robb.

 
Thank you all for just being the men that you are.  You are all so different but you are all pieces in the puzzle of my life.  I can't put it together if you are all not part of it.  I am a better man for knowing you.  I am a better man because of you.

 
Many Blessings


David

 
Remember, when the Praises go up.........
 

1 comment:

Legs and Wings said...

It's good to read those words again. Thank you David for stepping out and for sharing in the vision.

I really appreciate each of you for who you are and what you offer. What's next boys?