Welcome

The Sons of Thunder is a Christian band and part of a larger, growing group of average guys who have decided to take a stand for Christ and work on becoming better husbands and fathers - yes, even sons.

The Sons of Thunder was hatched about 5 years ago. This group often leads/joins a larger group of men in study and prayer and seeks to serve the wider community.

Based in Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, SOT has been known to tackle a range of projects - everything from home maintenance chores to helping move immigrant families. In 2008, the group did some missions work in NYC serving, playing and singing at the Bowery Mission. As is often the case, those who went to 'minister' were 'ministered to'. When the praises go up...the blessings come down!

If you live on the South Shore of Nova Scotia, look us up at Bridgewater Baptist Church. And feel free to invite us to lead or participate in your event. We love road trips! Rock on!

Thursday, October 2, 2008

I'll be the first to admit I am not very good at praying.  I don't mean that I can't get the words or thoughts put together to pray, I just don't do it often enough.

Most of us pray when we need help from God.  "God please do this or God please help me with that".  You know how it goes.  What do you do when life is good?  It is far too easy to take credit yourself for the good times and blame God for the bad ones.  

Take a moment now if you can and thank the Lord for your life, your family your friends and Christ.  It only takes 2 seconds to say thank you but those two words go a long way.  Think of all the times you did something for someone and they didn't thank you.  I bet you remembered that didn't you?  By the same token you probably remembered if they did and that made you feel pretty good.  Why is God any different?

With that I say Thank you God for everything, good and bad.  It is Christ who shaped me, saved me and reserved a space for me in Heaven.  Thank you.

No comments: